Thursday, January 19, 2012

Ways I Pray

Experiencing my relationship w/ God through prayer.
All the "ways" I pray:

  • carrying a consciousness of God's Presence constantly in my heart
  • passing conversations w/ God in my head/ heart
  • praying Scripture (esp Psalms)
  • studying Scripture and asking the Holy Spirit for understanding
  • making music
  • praising God for my day (and everything and everyone in it) throughout the day
  • liturgically (in Mass, w/ Christ's Body)
  • communing w/ the Eucharist
  • tending to others w/ the consciousness that they are Christ in my world
  • crying out to God w/ any troubles or challenges or hurts I feel
  • simply "sitting w/" God
  • conversations w/ God as I read anything
  • meditating
  • contemplating
  • dreaming
  • sometimes even just through movement (I like to turn my stretches into prayer)
  • thinking about God's working in my life and in others' lives


I engage in many kinds of prayer!
I wonder how many others ways I might open my living to praying?

No comments:

Post a Comment