Friday, February 24, 2012

Twelve Royal Teams

Who have helped "plow the furrow" of my life (to use Silf's metaphor taken from I Kings 19:19)?

My parents
Close friends
Teachers
Pastors
Authors
Key events
The Church
Christ in the Eucharist! :)

How have they been instruments of God?

Mostly through the good example of their lives, and their generous ways of nurturing my spirit through specific growth-producing challenges to specific aspects of myself in need of development.

I am mostly motivated by love: life-giving challenges and mercy, and when I am led, it is because I am willing to follow good example.

No wonder I'm a teacher.

How can I use this perception to help me love others better?

Reference: Silf, Inner Compass, Chapter 3 "Finding Our Past in God"

No comments:

Post a Comment